QUESTIONS regarding BLENDER animation
by Anand Kujur on Aug 27, 2012 at 6:15:18 am
Following are the questions regarding certain tasks required for making a simple animation. The animation will consist of both 2D and 3D work with sound effects and the duration will be between 5 to 10 minutes.
- Can Blender do basic video compositing like premiere pro. For example - combining multiple video clips, images and sound files.
Re: QUESTIONS regarding BLENDER animation by Chris Haley on Sep 19, 2012 at 5:12:16 pm
- Yes, Blender has a node based compositor that works with video. Sound files and straight video cutting can be done in Blenders "Video Sequence Editor".
- Blender can do 2D animation, but not necessarily like flash. You could make something that looks 2D (exactly like that chart) but you have to make it in Blenders 3D working environment. Unless you rig the whole thing up in the compositor.
- The node compositor is available to use for image editing. Texture painting is available for texture creation as well as procedural textures. You will not find as many creation tools you would find in Photoshop.
- As far as I know you can't use Blender as an audio recording program, but you can edit audio together in Blender. So maybe use Audacity to record your audio and use Blenders "Video Sequence Editor" to cut the audio with your animation.
5 - 10 minutes of animation is a lot a lot of work. It's one thing to know if Blender can do something, another to know how to do it, and another to actually be able to do it, and another to be able to do it well in a timely manner. :) If you plan to do everything you listed above, you have your work cut out for you. Best of luck!