FORUMS: list search recent posts

budget used dSLR that in-body stabilizes & compatible with most manual lenses

COW Forums : DSLR Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rachael Busher
budget used dSLR that in-body stabilizes & compatible with most manual lenses
on Dec 10, 2017 at 5:19:37 am

So i'm hunting for a dSLR... I am a relative newbie, having mostly used ENG style cameras before (such as the Panasonic AC130U) so far/I have used almost nothing recent and have not been up on technology for years but the weight, bulk, and "presence" of the AC130U is inconvenient for me. I also miss interchangeable lenses when using that camera and the small sensor crops so much it's difficult to get as wide of shots as I would like when in smaller indoor spaces.

The one I love more than everything from the specifications is the Sony A7S gear - the problem being that it's more expensive than I would like for my budget right now. The two most important things that drew me to the camera were the E-mount system (which apparently can be adapted to literally any other lens EVER for all intents and purposes) and the in-body stabilization of even older manual focus lenses. (I also love the low light sensitivity but that is not a critical buying feature)

However i'm told that in body lens stabilization not only exists but may have even been done better (like working with teleconverters too? not clear if the Sony will) on other cameras such as those from Pentax and Olympus on older bodies. However I do not know which models that started with, and I do not know whether either have any good compatibility (like the E-mount does) for lens adapters to use manual focus lenses from across the spectrum.

Budget is even more important because I expect to need two of these instead of just one for easier multiple camera shooting.

There are other relevant features i'm interested in (ie focus peaking, zebra which I hope is available on nearly everything, etc) but until I know which fit my first two most critical factors of mount compatibility and lens stabilization the rest is lower importance. I'm trying to get the lenses first and use that to drive which camera body to get. (ie no demand/preference for 'canon' or 'nikon' gear first/only and such, i'm agnostic on brands)

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: budget used dSLR that in-body stabilizes & compatible with most manual lenses
on Dec 12, 2017 at 5:14:21 am

sony a6500 APS-C around $1200 has ibis.
panasonic gx85 m4/3 is around $500 and has ibis. with cheap adaptor you can use other mounts.

both cameras won't do low light like a7sii.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]