FORUMS: list search recent posts

Analyze Video After Proxy for Web UI

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Randy Clark
Analyze Video After Proxy for Web UI
on Apr 13, 2020 at 5:50:31 pm

Hey all, long time reader first time poster.

We have a large volume of video that is necessary to have video playout available on the web ui.

I've discovered that just creating a PROXY file does not necessarily set up the web ui for success in playback I've discovered that the video has to be re-Analyzed. No matter what.

So, is there anyone here who has build a worker node rule/job that runs at a specific time of day that creates proxy and also analyzes the video so that it will play in the web ui?

I've jumped in and out of the full client and the web ui using test users to verify that this is an issue.

We do have an "automation" check box that creates proxy, however that will be edited to only run late and only if there aren't any archive jobs running.

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Analyze Video After Proxy for Web UI
on Apr 14, 2020 at 3:41:56 pm

This is what North Shore refers to as a composite workflow. Which to us denotes that it’s made of component parts.

Your ingest is a part, that’s already done. Then you can add other pieces to the workflow and either call them separately, by different metadata flags, or all at once by making versions that trigger the next.

In this case I’m assuming you have a proxy status field that will trigger the creation of proxy.

You could simply add another “analyze” step as a worker node action and trigger them separately, or set the analyze to trigger the pros creation after it runs which would give you a composite workflow which would allow you to trigger both, for assets that needed it. Or just trigger proxy on its own.

Sounds like this would be a fast call to your integrator or you could play around in the worker and probably figure it out, depending on your time available.

This “Analyze Later” has become a stock workflow for North Shore in the last few months due to the high volume of people who have bulk ingest jobs this year where they need to quickly ingest tens of thousands of assets.

One caveat, we tend to only pull one to three thumbnails when ingesting large sets. This makes it faster and keeps the db size down. You can always go back and pull more thumbs later with the desktop client.

Hope this helps.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]