FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch tagging multiple assets

COW Forums : Square Box CatDV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Taylor
Batch tagging multiple assets
on Jan 23, 2020 at 5:07:09 pm

Why does CatDV add a "(Various)" tag to batch-tagged assets that had already metadata--seemingly rendering my ability to perform a search on all the previous tags that were concatenated with the "(Various)" tag.

Have I lost all of the tags that are now labeled "Various"?

Return to posts index

bryson jones
Re: Batch tagging multiple assets
on Jan 24, 2020 at 4:19:33 pm

This is not a field value. It’s just a way of showing the fact that you have a bunch if assets selected that have “various” values in that one field.

Imagine if you selected records of all 50 state capitals. In the “state” field, you wouldn’t want to see all 50 states listed (which is what you have in that result) so instead CatDV let’s you know that there are “various” values in that field.

If you selected only cities in New York, then the State field would only show “New York.”

Hope that helps.

bryson

bryson "at" northshoreautomation.com

northshoreautomation.com

Return to posts index

Brian Taylor
Re: Batch tagging multiple assets
on Jan 24, 2020 at 5:28:38 pm

Thanks. I get that, but why can't I search on those terms that are now within that ("Various") bracket?
Are those terms no longer searchable at the catalog level but, globally, I guess?

It presents a problem for me because the info in that "keyword" field is what the National Archives needs to accompany our submissions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]