FORUMS: list search recent posts

iPad app?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vladimir Kucherov
iPad app?
on Mar 22, 2011 at 5:09:09 pm

I've been playing around with the new iPad 2 and man oh man, I keep wishing for a DaVinci controller app for this. Any chance of this BlackMagic? I know you're no stranger to iPad apps with your app for the Smart Controller, so how bout it?

It'd be killer to get full-screen multi-touch curve editing, stills gallery that's accessible at a touch, etc etc.

As much as I don't really expect this to come out, I'd still like to incept the idea here

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
Re: iPad app?
on Mar 22, 2011 at 5:14:51 pm

I totally second that !
Especially with the vWave available for Color.
Not a replacement for a real ball controller but kick ass sitting in the grading theater, doing at least playback and wheel controls .
Until it comes : Teamviewer !

A slice of color...

DaVinci 7.1 OSX 10.6.6
Dual Xeon 2,4 RAM 24 GB
RAID0 8TB eSata 6TB
GTX 285 / GT 120
Extreme 3D+ WAVE

Return to posts index

Illya Laney
on Mar 22, 2011 at 6:19:01 pm

Vladimir Kucherov
"stills gallery that's accessible at a touch, etc etc."

That would be awesome.

twitter.com/illyalaney

Return to posts index

Ola Haldor Voll
on Mar 22, 2011 at 7:03:28 pm

Heck.. that way you could make a bunch of looks prior to a client session and give the iPad to the client. "Which one do you like?" *tap* Even though the funky gadget clearly is branded Apple iPad, the client goes "wooooow, no other colorist has this. What is this thing?"...

Would be fun :-)

Return to posts index

Kevin Cannon
on Mar 22, 2011 at 7:16:23 pm

I definitely have been looking for some way that clients could use an iPad during a session - because usually they already are...

I was imagining a HUD with the two timelines (so they know where we are in relation to other shots), a big TC display, perhaps the ability to create a marker on a shot they have notes on... Seeing the stills gallery might be nice too, but could be a misleading image...

For the colorist, I really want a digital color meter where I can just tap a part of the frame, pinch and stretch to average a larger region, multitouch to compare regions...

KC

prehistoricdigital.com
hardworkingpixels.com

Return to posts index

jake blackstone
on Mar 22, 2011 at 10:31:20 pm

In this case, please remind me why would the client hire you? Or do you want to be paid per click?:-)

Return to posts index

Vladimir Kucherov
on Mar 22, 2011 at 11:42:35 pm

Ah, very devious ola. And here I am trying to bribe my clients with old fashioned whisky!

But in all seriousness i have been extremely impressed with the iPads screen. It seems very accurate to rec 709 to the point at if I were to send a reel or a color proof to a client I would feel more comfortable with them using an iPad versus any other random screen.

Maybe streaming to iPad for remote grading....

Return to posts index

Adam Claude Jones
on Apr 7, 2011 at 12:10:13 pm

Is it really that good? I mean it's a consumer LCD right?
Is it so good that you would even use it as a grade monitor on a pinch to do quick adjustments on location for example?
That's interesting.
About the I-pad app, I thought wWave already worked with Resolve. I thought i read about people using it.

Another thing I thought could work with resolve is this: http://www.3dconnexion.com/products/spacepilot-pro.html

Return to posts index

Vladimir Kucherov
on Apr 7, 2011 at 2:48:51 pm

I guess someone with a probe should take readings to see how good it is actually, but to my eyes it's pretty darn good.

It's an IPS panel with LED backlighting, so as far as LCD panels go it's on the higher end.

Return to posts index

Tomislav Rupic
on Mar 23, 2011 at 7:20:21 am

Problem is, as I read somewhere, they Resolve doesn't support control over network,
but they are working on it... If they make it work, there is no reason vWave wont work
with Resolve... But, man that would be sweet :)

Return to posts index

Dwaine Maggart
on Mar 23, 2011 at 4:42:07 pm

Resolve can control network panels. The JL Cooper panels are Ethernet network based.

Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Return to posts index

Tomislav Rupic
on Mar 23, 2011 at 5:16:38 pm

Accually, you are right, there is even IP and port number in options...
hmm in that case I don't see the reason why vWave doesn't work...

Return to posts index

Vladimir Kucherov
on Mar 24, 2011 at 3:23:02 pm

Wondering... is there a Resolve SDK of any kind available publically?

Return to posts index

Craig Harris
on Mar 24, 2011 at 8:29:49 pm

An iPad app for clients, especially commercial clients would be amazing!!!

Personally, I wouldn't be interested in using an iPad to do any grading or adjustments to shots. Here's what would be great to have though...

a. App that allows you to view still grades in gallery
b. Ability to populate specific still galleries on the iPad directly from Resolve
c. Ability for client to select specific grades, make comments & send selections and comments back to colorist

Craig

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]