New HDR monitor

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos F. Rossini
New HDR monitor
on Jul 31, 2020 at 2:31:16 pm
Last Edited By Carlos F. Rossini on Jul 31, 2020 at 2:40:55 pm

Hi all,
I am about to invest in a HDR monitor, I've been grading feature films mainly, we have a FSI LCD, but it's time to put my CM to retirement. We make independent films that mostly are premiered in international film festivals, our workflow works great and what we make is what you see in a theatre, but we are facing a change in the distribution side, we will need to start producing SDR and HDR masters, aside the DCP's. I will not go for a projector now, that is out of the question right now. So I was looking to Flanders XM310K and XM311K, the Sony line is more expensive here. Is anyone here with experience in those models, also the is a new offer from Sony: Pvm-x24000 and I am curious about it. Is there any alternative in those levels that I am ignoring. Price is a very important factor in this equation but films is what we do, so...
Would love to hear your inputs!!!
Thanks in advance for your help!!!
P.S. We cannot think of a projector right now. (or can we?)

Carlos F. Rossini
Mexico City Based.

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
Re: New HDR monitor
on Aug 1, 2020 at 8:26:29 am

What's your max not range you plan to grade to?

If it's 1000 nits the 311 is the better panel by the looks of it but more expensive.
If high then I'd go with the 310 at 3K nits.

Pat Horridge
Broadcast & Post Consultant, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
pat@vet.co.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]