FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avoiding duplicate frames

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Pokorny
Avoiding duplicate frames
on Jul 29, 2020 at 7:24:36 pm

First post on here.

So I'm working on coloring about 21 edits, each with a lot of the same shots, but slightly different heads and tails, is there any way, either on import of the EDLs or with the timelines after they have been imported, for me to make some kind of Master timeline that has all of the shots and frames from those edits without repeating

I do this manually currently, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of a better way. So I can color correct one sequence, with all the frames necessary for someone to conform those sequences?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Avoiding duplicate frames
on Jul 30, 2020 at 8:20:34 am

Best you have a good read of ColorTrace in the manual. Having graded one timeline, you can transfer the grades based on matching media to other timelines. There are other ways such as editing the common block of graded shots into the other timelines except for the top & tails once one is graded.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Avoiding duplicate frames
on Aug 2, 2020 at 10:14:30 pm

there is a way of coloring on tops and tails as you go.
You can also turn on a function to automatically grade a shot if it is used more than once in a time line...so you could build a timeline with all your shots lined up, turn on view handles, and start coloring the timeline. As you go through, you should start to co.e across shots that are colored, because you've already done another version of it.

From there you could colour trace your actual timelines to that big long master timeline.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]