FORUMS: list search recent posts

FYI Possible glitch in DR 16 FREE version with XAVC I files

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Cobble
FYI Possible glitch in DR 16 FREE version with XAVC I files
on Jul 29, 2020 at 5:34:31 pm

A very long story short. I have discovered that DR16 FREE (latest 16.2.4) has a problem with XAVC I files and stretches the picture progressively more as it get to the bottom of the picture on a MAC + DR16 FREE + XAVC I = NO NO.

_More Details if interested______________________________
John, Thank You, I am downloading your clip now. But I want to make sure I have communicated clearly the dilemma,

My vegas Intermediate 422 works fine on PC and MAC. My Cineform .mov works fine on PC and MAC. It is my XAVC I that stretches (as though pulled from the bottom) not on the PC, but only on the MAC.

I will take your file and Render to Intermediate 422 and an XAVC I from Vegas and then see if the Jump is there on the MAC. I can always use the I 422, from Vegas but they are much bigger. I was looking for a common codec that also MAC likes. CF (that was my go to codec) is no longer being accepted from MAC since the NEW OS.

I will let you know if I get any anomaly using the clip you sent.

Thank you for your Help!

Don

First: the codec XAVC I is fine on MAC
Second: I learned something NEW. It was davinchi Resolve 16 FREE version.
The differences in DR 16 FREE and STUDIO are more than the things they list, it may be a glitch in the FREE version.

Because i am not proficient on FCP X i did not actually check the clip in FCPX. I used a FREE installed version of DR 16.2.4. When you sent the clip I decided to try the render FCPX and the clips were fine! Then I tried DR16 FREE on same MAC the stretch/jump was back. Then I went to another Mac with DR!6 STUDIO 16.2.4( The Paid version) the XAVC I worked fine. So then we installed the DR studio version on the MAC that had the free version, the all clips worked fine.

SO it is the free version of DR16 of which we have the latest update. It does NOT handle XAVC I correctly.

Thank You for your help!!!!!!
Don

PC 1
I7 7820X 3.6Ghz
32 GB Ram
SSD 850 Pro OS drive
2x 850 EVO Raid 1TB
Win 10 Pro 64bit OS
WX 7100 8GB

PC 2
I7 3930K 3.2Ghz
32 GB Ram
SSD 850 Pro OS drive
2x 850 EVO Raid 1TB
Win 10 Pro 64bit OS
GTX 1080 8GB

MAC 1
IMAC Retina 5K 27in
4.Ghz i7 32gb Ram
AMD R9 M395X 4Mb
Mojave 10.14.6

MAC 2
IMAC Retina 5K 27in
4.Ghz i7 16gb Ram
AMD R9 M395X 4Mb
Mojave 10.14.6

S Vegas P13 & Vegas P17 - Adobe Production Premium CS6 - Edius WG Pro 9 - Sony Catalyst Production Suite - FCPX 10.4.8 - DaVinchi Resolve Studio 16.2.4

Camera's
Sony EX1 shoot in 1920x1080 30P

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]