FORUMS: list search recent posts

Black background?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Libby Hancock
Black background?
on Jul 20, 2020 at 11:55:15 am

This is probably an easy fix that I'm not aware of since I'm new to using Davinci ... but ... how do you remove the black that overwrites your video? The video footage still shows in the timeline, but after adding some images on various layers using cut and edit, now all my screen is showing is black?

This youtube clip (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmKAjCQGdZo) demonstrates the issue, but the solution doesn't seem to work? When I go into fusion everything is on one line ...

... and though the picture shows it doesn't have a background there, it somehow still has the black background?

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Black background?
on Jul 21, 2020 at 5:14:03 am

Are you using a Fusion clip (like the guy in the video) or not?

If not, try adding a pixel of cropping to the upper track and see if that does the trick.

Return to posts index

Libby Hancock
on Jul 21, 2020 at 11:42:36 am

Good question. After watching the video I tried to move things Fusion to fix the problem, but couldn't quite figure out how.

This is my first video project in DaVinci, what do you mean add a pixel of cropping?

Basically, what I was trying to do is add pictures over the top of the video, sometimes full screen, sometimes partial, to demonstrate what I'm trying to show, if that makes any sense? I read on another website sometimes the black screen shows up when you adjust the video clips wrong?

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Jul 21, 2020 at 9:15:13 pm

[Libby Hancock] "what do you mean add a pixel of cropping?
"

Go to the edit page. Select the clip being superimposed. Go to the Crop tab in the Inspector and just barely touch one of the cropping functions, and the key should pop right in. It's a mysterious "Resolve Thing" for which I have no explanation, but it will work. Generally.

Return to posts index

Libby Hancock
on Jul 22, 2020 at 11:54:07 am

Tried adjusting the bottom setting under crop tab -> inspector. Didn't solve the problem :-(

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]