FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dell Precision 7750/bits per channel on display panel

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Casper
Dell Precision 7750/bits per channel on display panel
on Jul 10, 2020 at 9:07:41 am

Has anyone tested for how many bit per channel on the Dell Precision 7750?

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/pr/en/prdhs1/precision-17-7750-laptop/...

I was looking at maybe buying and I have asked Dell but so far it has not answered the question, besides claiming it is has a gamut of 100% Adobe RGB.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Dell Precision 7750/bits per channel on display panel
on Jul 10, 2020 at 11:43:40 pm

It's a $2000 laptop. It's not going to be good enough to use for color correction, if that's your question. It might work fine for dailies or something like that.

If you used an external color-managed calibrated display, it's possible the system could work to a point for color. But I would only trust the laptop screen itself for a GUI display, nothing more.

Return to posts index

Robert Casper
on Jul 11, 2020 at 2:27:54 am

Mr. Wielage,

Can you explain what you mean please about the display size and the GUI?

Also, I was under the impression that these high end machines built for creators, and have NVIDIA Quadro dgpu with mDP and can handle files with at least 10 bit out to the external monitor. I was planning on driving with one of these high end machines to an Eizo. I was also planning to shut off the igpu in the BIOS so the dGPU is the priority. Still I have been curious about what panels are being installed on these machines, my original question. If the laptop panels are NG, and I intend to go to an external, why do you think there will be a limitation controlling the color?

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Jul 11, 2020 at 2:41:31 am

Read pages 2362-23633 of the Resolve 16.2 manual, "Limitations When Grading With the Viewer on a Computer Display." This explains why it's unwise to try to use a computer display for final color correction.

Don't try to make judgements on uncalibrated GUI displays. That will lead down a perilous road of pain and suffering. And if you do look at anything in the GUI display, don't compare it to what you see in Resolve.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]