FORUMS: list search recent posts

TUTORIAL: Using a Color Checker in DaVinci Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Ford
TUTORIAL: Using a Color Checker in DaVinci Resolve
on Jul 9, 2020 at 3:14:01 am

Accurate colors matter. That’s why I use a color-managed workflow. I take a quick reference shot with the DataColor SpyderCHECKR 24 in the scene.

I shoot in log with my Sony FS7. If you’re not familiar with log, it shows washed out colors and a lack of contrast, but uses logarithmic space for a greater number of gradations in the spectrum. In post, you get to reassign all of the color information, so it presents the opportunity for a more refined picture.

How do I accurately assign the color information in post? With the SpyderCHECKR 24 from my reference shot. The same tool being used by the photographer in Photoshop or Lightroom will be used by me in DaVinci Resolve for video. I’ll import my footage into DaVinci Resolve and apply a color chart with the SpyderCHECKR 24 preset for color matching. This will adjust my recorded S-log3 source gamma to my target gamma of Rec.709.

I can then make further adjustments using the provided scopes and color correction tools. Check out my workflow below with DaVinci Resolve and the SpyderCHECKR 24:

-------------------------------------------------
Video Producer / Digital Marketer / Gear Reviewer / Author
-- http://www.AndyFordVideo.com --

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]