FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting Audio from Resolve -> Audacity ?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Reed
Exporting Audio from Resolve -> Audacity ?
on Jul 9, 2020 at 1:21:24 am

How do I export my audio only (all tracks) from Resolve, in a format I can edit in Audacity, please?

I would assume I reimport to Resolve in the same way as any media file.

"Commitment is the enemy of resistance, for it is the serious promise to press on, to get up, no matter how many times you are knocked down." - David McNally

"There are no rules in filmmaking. Only sins. And the cardinal sin is dullness." – Frank Capra

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Exporting Audio from Resolve -> Audacity ?
on Jul 9, 2020 at 2:07:07 am

You can export tracks as wav files which Audacity can import. However, given Fairlight in Resolve is vastly more suited to audio editing and mixing, I'm perplexed as to why you would use Audacity? I regularly help people learn to make podcasts and I recommend they use Fairlight in Resolve and not Audacity which for me is an ordinary edit tool. I do use Audacity occasionally to make an mp3 file.

Fairlight is an amazingly powerful editor, with heaps of built in plugins, plus you can use VST plugins. It has very powerful EQ, processing and full automation including being able to sub bus signals to create stem mixes. Having track based, bus based and clip based processing, it really is the best audio system of any NLE

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]