FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Premiere Pro vs. Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve - Intuitiveness/Ease of Use

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Filip Stillerska
Adobe Premiere Pro vs. Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve - Intuitiveness/Ease of Use
on Jun 20, 2020 at 10:51:34 pm

Which one of Premiere and DaVinci is more intuitive and has a more user-friendly interface? Is it true that DaVinci has a very steep learning curve and is harder to comprehend?

I tried switching from Cinema 4D to Blender but found Blender to be very confusing and especially overcomplicating stuff, and I don’t want to make that same mistake again.

Price isn’t a problem for me. I’m only asking about the easy of use and which one is more intuitive.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Adobe Premiere Pro vs. Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve - Intuitiveness/Ease of Use
on Jun 21, 2020 at 3:18:46 pm

All a question like this does is open a can of opinionated worms. Both programs will have different fans, and different haters. Both have the ability to try them for free....so try them both and come to your own conclusion.

The only person who can truly tell you how your brain will react to the intuitive process of a program is you.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Adobe Premiere Pro vs. Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve - Intuitiveness/Ease of Use
on Jun 22, 2020 at 6:16:08 am

Do you want to grade or edit? If you want to edit then go with Premiere. If you want to grade then use Resolve, because Lumetri is terrible. Usually the workflow is that someone edits in Premiere and then the edit is brought in Resolve for finishing.

Return to posts index

Tim Anderson
on Jun 26, 2020 at 2:58:37 pm

I planned to ask a question about the differences between Premiere Lumetri and the equivalent features in Resolve. What makes the two programs different regarding the way they process?

My first post about PC compatibility is still being moderated, so waiting on the outcome.

The UI is something I can learn, so leaving those worms in tin :)

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Jun 23, 2020 at 12:11:06 am

This is kind of like the question of "which language is harder to learn: Greek or Russian?" They're both not easy, but a lot depends on your background and your philosophy.

Blackmagic has some terrific (free) textbooks on their Training page that start with the basics and get into more advanced topics over time. Sit down with one of these PDFs and the software, and you'll be able to figure it out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]