FORUMS: list search recent posts

Synology PostgreSQL for Davinci Resolve Database

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marvin Nuecklaus
Synology PostgreSQL for Davinci Resolve Database
on Jun 3, 2020 at 8:21:09 pm

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding to setting up a PostgreSQL Database on my Synology 1817.

My objection: I want to be able to access my collaborative projects and libraries in Davinci through all my LAN ports that the NAS comes with.

My set up:

- LAN1, static IP 10.0.0.2 , connected to iMac Pro through ethernet

-LAN2, static IP 10.0.0.3 , connected to MacBook Pro through ethernet

-LAN3, static IP 192.168.0.3 , connected to TP-Link C7 Router for wifi access

I followed this tutorial . To summarize:

Editing pg_hba.conf > echo “host all all 10.0.0.2*/24 trust” >> /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf*

Editing postgresql.conf > sed -i “6s/’127.0.0.1’/’127.0.0.1, 10.0.0.2*’/” /etc/postgresql/postgresql.conf*

Creating postgres user > createuser -s -e postgres

Connecting to Server in pgAdmin

I did this set up on my iMac Pro using the NAS IP that the port is mapped to as you can see. It all works on my iMac and I can create and connect to my Resolve Database.

However, I can't access it through my other LAN ports. When trying to connect to the Resolve database on my Macbook, I would feed it the IP I normally connect to my server to (10.0.0.3) without success. Trying 10.0.0.2 won't work either. I also can't access pgAdmin on my Macbook.

I'm new to all this but I'm trying to wrap my head around this. From what I understand is that the command /24 trust means that the 4th number in the IP can vary, so my LAN2 IP 10.0.0.3 should work as well, right?

When trying to connect to the database through wifi, do I need to give the pga_hba.conf and postgresql.conf a separate command for that IP so there's essentially 2 different ones? Or is it better to change all static IP's to 192.168.0.xx ?

Also, I saw that Blackmagic recommends using a Mac Mini to run the database. Is there pro's and con's for choosing that over the NAS?

Would be grateful for any input on this!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]