FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fairlight bus format question

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Oliver Peters
Fairlight bus format question
on May 23, 2020 at 6:36:34 pm

I start a Resolve project as stereo. Then I decide to change the bus format in the Fairlight page to 5.1 surround. The smaller meters labelled control room on the Fairlight page indicate 6 channels. However, the larger meters next to the timeline on the edit page never update and show only 2 stereo channels. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

David Baud
Re: Fairlight bus format question
on May 23, 2020 at 7:34:55 pm

Control Room will allow to monitor your master Main format mix output.
Right now it looks like your master output is 5.1 but your audio channels are stereo (you can see it in both the main mixer and on the EDIT page). You need to create 5.1 channels in order to see it in both your mixer and your edit page.
If you are creating from scratch, you can create 6 mono channels (L, R, C, LFE, Ls, Rs) and then link them as 5.1 surround. Or you could just import your 5.1 channels.

Hope this help,

David Baud
Colorist & Finishing Editor
KOSMOS PRODUCTIONS
Denver - Paris
http://www.kosmos-productions.com

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on May 23, 2020 at 7:55:26 pm

The main issue seems to be that the control room meter next to the timeline is incorrect. The Fairlight metering and the mixer meters on the edit page all appear correct. I've tried various configurations and the control room meter on the edit page stays stereo. This is 16.2.2. See the images below.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

David Baud
on May 23, 2020 at 8:36:05 pm

Got it. I thought you were talking about the control room monitor in the Fairlight page.
I am still on 16.2.1 and I have the same behavior than you do: Control Room meter in the EDIT page does not show 5.1 tracks out. I tried to refresh the UI Layout with no luck.

Might be a bug?

David Baud
Colorist & Finishing Editor
KOSMOS PRODUCTIONS
Denver - Paris
http://www.kosmos-productions.com

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on May 23, 2020 at 8:41:26 pm

The control room config is set in the Video and Audio I/O Preferences.

You have your speaker config set to the default stereo set-up. If you swap to for example 5.1, then the control room meters will show that.

Simon Ubsdell

hawaiki

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on May 23, 2020 at 9:10:28 pm

Bingo. That's it. Thanks.

- Oliver

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved