FORUMS: list search recent posts

Feathering or smoothing the edges of a *cropped* video clip

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yodi Moh
Feathering or smoothing the edges of a *cropped* video clip
on May 12, 2020 at 8:34:31 pm

Hello all!

I am having a hard time trying to feather or smooth the edges of a cropped video that is embedded onto the main video.

Once I embedded the video clip onto the main video, I cropped it (square) and left only the part I'd like to show. Then I went onto the Color panel and created a (big rectangular) serial node for the embedded clip, masked and blurred it and then inverted it. (Just like how these two kind gentlemen has explained in the Blackmagic forum: https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=45442)

Being a not-so-bright total newbie, I assumed it would feather out the boundary, but as you can see from the attached file, the edges are very clear, rigid without any feather effect applied. How can I feather the edges of cropped video so that it looks smoothly embedded on to the main video? (The background of the main video changes color, so I'd like to know how to feather it to the alpha channel.)

Thank you so much for your help. Hope you and everyone around you are doing well and safe!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Feathering or smoothing the edges of a *cropped* video clip
on May 13, 2020 at 12:48:36 am

When you crop on the edit page it has feathering control just below the edge adjustments. The feathering is a global adjustment.

If you wish to do the crop/ feather on the color page, do not crop on the edit page. Just use the power window to crop and blur edges as the forum response indicates.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]