FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red Media Offline screen showing up during cross-dissolve both in preview and in final rendered video

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
M Isa al anshori
Red Media Offline screen showing up during cross-dissolve both in preview and in final rendered video
on May 7, 2020 at 2:57:33 am

I haven't used resolve for a while, so yesterday I tried using it to edit some test footage and for some reason, I'm having problems with the cross-dissolve effect where a Media offline text with red would show up on the preview and the rendered video. There were also other problems before this one but I think I have solved them all and now I'm left with this last problem.

I have put the screenshots of the exported video and the preview with the video timeline on
https://imgur.com/a/nifbutV (Ignore my face and the text, its just what i edited)
There are also the settings for export/render and other details on the image description.

this is currently the last problem that is stopping me from completely switching to resolve because I had 0 problems during the editing process

I have searched on Google and people are saying that lowering the render speed might help because maybe my hard drive can't keep up, but so far I have changed it to 50, 5 and currently rendering at 1 speed and it has made it much worse, the entire cross dissolved part is now covered with media offline.

Now that I think of it, I don't think I have ever successfully rendered a video using resolve, and I know I have tried resolve on at least 3 computers now... And I don't remember actually having a video correctly rendered... mayybee 1 or 2 simple videos? But I don't remember editing a somewhat advanced edit on resolve and actually have it render properly...
It would be great to be able to switch to Davinci resolve as my main video editing software

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Red Media Offline screen showing up during cross-dissolve both in preview and in final rendered video
on May 11, 2020 at 10:31:25 pm

Are you sure you have enough material for your cross dissolve?

Glenn

Return to posts index

M Isa al anshori
Re: Red Media Offline screen showing up during cross-dissolve both in preview and in final rendered video
on May 12, 2020 at 6:14:45 am

I'm 100% sure there is enough material/frames in my clips for a 6-12 frames cross-dissolve

Here is a simple video timeline recreation in Microsoft Paint showing the steps I took to create the cross dissolve (the numbers on the left are the step number)

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on May 12, 2020 at 2:29:47 pm

In those screen shots you are showing the clip that we can see on the lower track inside a fusion container. Are you trying to dissolve two fusion container clips together? If so, are you doing your edit/remove to clip A before you create the container clip? If so, this may be your problem, as the container clip will not allow you to trim out the source material, after you create the container.

For a test, try a simple clip a to b dissolve, and forget about everything else on your timeline.
(go back to the basics, and work your way out)

Glenn

Return to posts index

M Isa al anshori
on May 12, 2020 at 3:01:07 pm

My timeline example with the MSPaint drawing didn't use any fusion effects, it's just a normal clip with some color modifications that I have cut and added a cross-dissolve. That drawing was meant for the second and fourth image on the Imgur link, sorry for not clarifying that, but on those clips there are no fusion effects

The timeline I have on the Imgur link is for a different part of the video with a motion-tracked text on top of a normal video clip

I didn't really follow any tutorial for the motion tracking part, so what I did was put a planar tracker between the media in and mediaout and after the tracking process, I created a planar transform, after that I removed the mediain node and replaced it with a text node and then connected it to the planar transform and then to the mediaout.

this is the nodes on the fusion tab for the motion tracked text:

Currently I'm trying to test cross dissolve with the same video file on a different timeline but on the same project, but ill have to wait because i have other applications running and davinci is struggling to run properly

Return to posts index

M Isa al anshori
on May 12, 2020 at 3:46:29 pm

I tried cross-dissolving on a different timeline and it seems to be working normally, also on the main timeline it seems like the media offline is just showing up randomly, sometimes it would show up on a frame but sometimes it would be on another frame. this whole thing is very confusing...

I'm going to re-edit the whole thing from scratch on another project and see if i get the same problem..

Return to posts index

M Isa al anshori
on May 13, 2020 at 4:02:59 pm

I have re-edited the whole timeline from the start, this time with more knowledge so I have used the more "correct" way of doing things, at first there were a lot of glitches and artifacts but that was solved by changing to openCL and h265.

But now I found another weird problem with cross-dissolve and another motion tracked text, this time it's blue!
Here are 2 of the frames https://imgur.com/a/0ZO43RB (Imgur link, because I can't upload it here for some reason)
it is a fusion clip with motion tracked text (this time the background and the text is merged inside of fusion) with a cross-dissolve, some of the frames did render properly but some of them turns blue.

For the first problem with the red media offline frames, I'm guessing it was some kind of framerate mismatch with the original video framerate and the framerate of the timeline, I'm not 100% sure but to me that is the only possible problem left. With the re-edit, I made sure that the timeline framerate is the same with the clips framerate and there were no problems, except with the blue frames.

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]