FORUMS: list search recent posts

How shoulfd I handle this synch problem

COW Forums : Color Grading

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Terence Christopher
How shoulfd I handle this synch problem
on Apr 24, 2020 at 4:05:09 am

I have an old video Hi 8 movie that has been digitized and paced into an MP4 container. It will play on my computer without a problem and the video is in sych with the sound at the start of the movie. However if I start a new project, and put the video in the media bin and then try to play the movie in Da Vinci reserve the synchronisation is unacceptable. I should point out that there is a 30 seconds lead in time to the start of the movie which might have an influence though nothing is seen on the screen. How could this synchronisation have been destroyed, and what is the best way to handle it.
Thanks
TErence

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
Re: How shoulfd I handle this synch problem
on Apr 24, 2020 at 1:55:09 pm

Hi Terence

Can you give the specs of the recordings ? Use the app: Mediainfo !

Best,
Ole

Return to posts index

Terence Christopher
on Apr 24, 2020 at 8:11:00 pm

I can send the specs on the original but I have no output as yet from DaVinci. I am still processing the file. I just have stuff on the timeline. How would I run media info on it? Perhaps I could copy the timeline and save it somewhere?
Thanks
Terence
p.s. It is good to hear from you. You were very helpful way back when I was getting started with Da Vinci and overwhelmed by the size of the decompressed files. Thanks for all that help too.

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
on Apr 25, 2020 at 9:09:43 am

Media info on the Mp4 source file.
My guess is its an unusual audio sample rate. Possibly 32khz
So you may need to externally extract the audio and sample rate convert to 48khz and then use that audio.

Pat Horridge
Broadcast & Post Consultant, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
pat@vet.co.uk

Return to posts index

Ole Kristiansen
on Apr 25, 2020 at 3:00:49 pm

Yes, Mr Pat ... just my words!

Best,
Ole

Return to posts index

Terence Christopher
on Apr 25, 2020 at 3:44:18 pm

Thanks Ole

Return to posts index

Terence Christopher
on Apr 25, 2020 at 3:39:12 pm

Thanks Pat, I will follow up your link to the training video. I am concerned that I have not set up Da Vinci properly as I notice that the video seems to be slow and jerky when it is not like that when I play the video in any of the players I have tried and the video seems to play correctly in Vegas and Corel (but I would have to learn these editors )I have tried to make certain that the settings in Da Vinci match those in Vegas but that doesn't seem to help.
I guess Da Vinci is a demanding environment for these old videos, and a good learning experience for me.

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]