FORUMS: list search recent posts

Davinci Resolve 16 - Blade Tool

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
ross cartledge
Davinci Resolve 16 - Blade Tool
on Apr 19, 2020 at 5:08:49 pm

I'm trying to put together a song for my local church which involves singers and a small brass band

Backing Track plays throughout
Verse 1: Just Singers audible and visable on screen
Verse 2: Band start to play and their video's are playing
Verse 3: everyone visable and heard

After a lot of Googling, i've managed to get verse 1 sorted and the singers placed on the screen how i want them (each singer has recoreded themselves separately), however the issue i am now having is for verse 2.

For verse 2 i'm trying to achieve the following:
Move and resize all clips of the singers that have been visable since Verse 1
Show the band playing

The problems i'm having now is as follows

• I need to re position the singers to make way for the band, to do this i'm using the Blade tool and cutting the clip....Is this the best way of doing this.
  • I need to trim the beginning of all the band clips (at the same point as the singers), again using the Blade tool, but when i delete the unwanted part of the clip, the entire timeline moves and adjusts the timing of everything else. How do i get it so when i delete the first bit of the clip, the remaining doesn't move?

I've tried looking on Google and on Forums but i'm not too sure what i'm looking for

First time using DaVinci which doesn't help either

Thanks

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Davinci Resolve 16 - Blade Tool
on Apr 21, 2020 at 7:35:18 pm

Most key odds have two keys that both do some delete function. Might be labeled DEL...Delete...Backspace..depends on your system...what ever button you are hitting, try the other button.

On resolve, one deletes and closes the hole...the other doesn't close the hole.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 22, 2020 at 12:26:39 am

Rather than Google, check the manual where the difference between delete and ripple delete is explained. All NLEs have the ability to just delete or ripple delete. There's lots of important basic info in the manual if you are new to editing. Otherwise if you are experienced on another edit system, Resolve can also map the keyboard to match the shortcut keys you are used to.

Return to posts index

Brian Turner
on Apr 22, 2020 at 3:17:02 am

On Mac CMD X deletes the portion you want without moving everything else as DEL will. I would imagine CNTRL X does the same on Windows.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Apr 23, 2020 at 12:20:50 am

On windows, backspace removes the object without ripple. Del does a ripple delete.

Glenn

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]