FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vignette issue in resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Lennon
Vignette issue in resolve
on Apr 17, 2020 at 3:47:44 pm

I realise this is issue probably has a simple solution but I can't seem to solve it. I've tracked in a circle mask, two people walking up a road, I want to vignette the people and darken the outside of the circle, to focus our attention on them. When I apply gamma attenuation to the area around the circle that's fine but as the people walk on the vignette is reverted and inside the circle is dark and outside is bright. What am I missing here, is it in keyframes?
Any help appreciated.

Best
Sean

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Vignette issue in resolve
on Apr 26, 2020 at 1:32:53 am

I'd have to see the keyframe window to know. My guess is you have an unwanted correction at some point, and it's causing the shape to change or the correction to change. In a lot of cases, I wind up doing a lot of manual tracking on top of automatic tracking, but note that the Tracking keyframe window is different than the Color keyframe window. The Color keyframe window can affect the Tracking under many conditions.

Return to posts index

Sean Lennon
on Apr 26, 2020 at 2:11:49 am

Thanks, yes the colour keyframes I find confusing, it's not clear to me how to operate them, I tried to set a colour keyframe at start of clip - inverted vignette of people walking- set gamma point of
the outside of people walking, then go to end of clip set keyframe of same gamma point, so gamma setting is the same over time. But as I explained the vignette inverts at a point throughout clip. I'll post a pic of keyframe window.
Thanks again
S

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Apr 26, 2020 at 3:29:09 pm

Sounds like you keyframed the inversion of the window. (which i'm not sure I knew was possible...)
but my guess is you were perhaps at the start of the shot, created a circle, turned on keyframing, went to the middle the shot, changed the colour attributes to darken the circle, turned on invert circle and hit play. When the clip goes back to the start, the invert has not been registered?

just a guess.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]