FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recovering a Resolve Project on a Different Mac

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Affiong Harris
Recovering a Resolve Project on a Different Mac
on Mar 16, 2020 at 6:36:21 am

Hello all,

I know this is a very specific problem (I had to make an account since I haven't found an answer), but I've recently used the Migration Assistant tool to transfer all of my data from my old Macbook pro to my new one. When opening Resolve 16 I don't see any of the projects on the list, but have found the folders for the projects in Finder. Is there any way I can use that information to retrieve my projects?

I understand a lot of this is from my own error, since I wiped my old Mac before exporting the projects to a hard drive 😓but in my defense I assumed Migration Assistant would transfer everything without any issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Recovering a Resolve Project on a Different Mac
on Mar 16, 2020 at 11:00:10 am

You would need to reconnect to the disk database if that moved over with the migration assistant. If it didn't and you didn't do any backups of the database or projects then they're gone.

I export a project file every day I stop working.

Return to posts index

Robert Withers
on Mar 17, 2020 at 1:23:16 am

Hey Tero,
Thanks for your contribution. Where do you export the project file to? Is that the same as exporting the database?
Thanks,
Robert

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Mar 17, 2020 at 12:56:34 pm

You can export the project as a project file. Like one could with Premiere. Right click on the project in the project view and you can export from there. I save one next to the project files and one to another location.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]