FORUMS: list search recent posts

Baselight to Davinci workflow

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrielle Esteban
Baselight to Davinci workflow
on Feb 18, 2020 at 1:53:02 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this community and I would like to ask for anyone's help. Recently, I was asked to continue coloring a project that was started with Baselight. I am used to color grading with DaVinci Resolve. Is it possible for me to transfer the Baselight project to Davinci Resolve? If yes, how? Or at least grab the color settings done in Baselight to Davinci Resolve?

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Baselight to Davinci workflow
on Feb 18, 2020 at 5:32:47 pm

[Adrielle Esteban] "Is it possible for me to transfer the Baselight project to Davinci Resolve?"

No. You probably could do CDLs but they are limited in what they can do.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Baselight to Davinci workflow
on Feb 20, 2020 at 3:05:25 am

[Adrielle Esteban] "Is it possible for me to transfer the Baselight project to Davinci Resolve? If yes, how? Or at least grab the color settings done in Baselight to Davinci Resolve?"
No it is not. It's also not possible to go from Baselight to Nucoda or Mistika or Lustre or any other programs. In defense of Baselight, it's not their fault: unlike edit lists, there are no real standards in place for transferring complex color correction sessions.

My suggestion would be to render the Baselight session and just match the new session to the reference file by eye as best you can in Resolve. There are things that are faster or easier in Baselight than Resolve (and vice-versa), but it's fair to say it's a different experience.

By the same token, you also can't exchange full session settings and operations between Pro Tools and Fairlight or Logic or Audition or any other sound program. And you also can't exchange VFX session data between After Effects and Fusion or Nuke or Motion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]