FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Source Name metadata / tc burn

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Filewych
Audio Source Name metadata / tc burn
on Nov 19, 2019 at 5:32:15 pm

Hello,

Is there a way when syncing video to dual system sound to retain the source audio file name. The minute I sync the files the audio clip name is changed to the video name and I can't seem to do a burn with the proper name. Is the metadata gone? Does it exist somewhere where it can be accessed and displayed?? Clearly a problem when exporting for post sound at project's end.

Thanks
Ken

Davinci Resolve 15.2.3.015

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: Audio Source Name metadata / tc burn
on Nov 20, 2019 at 1:09:24 am

Have you tried using one of the Custom Text options in the Data Burn-In Window and typing % in the Text Box. Dozens of options will pop up for you to choose and you can concatenate as many as you want together.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTTO: If you think three copies of your Media or Projects are enough. Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more. Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Ken Filewych
on Nov 20, 2019 at 1:34:51 am

Wow. That is a function that I did not know existed.... however, it doesn't help me in this instance. The closest I came was showing Sound Roll # but even that shows incorrectly.

It is so odd to me that in one bin you have your video and audio files and both are correct and have their different Metadata and the second you Sync Using TC, the audio Metadata takes on all attributes of the video clip. The original file in the bin stays the same but the linked audio in the new clip no longer is correct.... crazy.

I know this was a problem many years ago but I figured the would have solved it by now.

Any other ideas out there anyone?????

Thanks
Ken

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Nov 20, 2019 at 2:33:07 am

Yeah it's pretty cool. The % can also be used in the "Custom Name" box in the Delivery Widow so that you can attach custom names to each and every clip that are dynamic,

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTTO: If you think three copies of your Media or Projects are enough. Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more. Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Nov 21, 2019 at 6:56:33 am

[Ken Filewych] "Is there a way when syncing video to dual system sound to retain the source audio file name."
I agree, they need a data field for Sound Reel (aka "Sound File") and Sound Timecode. These are available in Avid and are part of a standard ALE workflow. Not sure if Premiere has this or not.

Return to posts index

Andi Winter
on Nov 21, 2019 at 5:58:51 pm

last time i checked, there was this problem, about a year ago.

i am not sure if something changed since then. the ridiculous thing is, when changing to fairlight page, the original sound file name is still there... there is just no metadata option for the export ☹

very silly and strange :(

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Nov 30, 2019 at 8:38:59 pm

This is the reason i still do all my audio syncing in Avid...(after transcodeing for speed issues) in resolve).

The last thing i need is the sound house yelling at me and having to re-edit the audio to make a proper list.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Ken Filewych
on Dec 4, 2019 at 4:53:12 pm

I can't believe they haven't "fixed" that yet... crazy missed opportunity.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]