FORUMS: list search recent posts

Manual equivalent of "Auto Sync Audio"?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Kirkland
Manual equivalent of "Auto Sync Audio"?
on Nov 17, 2019 at 12:34:07 am

Hi All,

Is there a way to manually do what "auto sync audio" does? i.e. append or replace the clip's embedded audio track. I have a bin with about 80 clips and 12 of those won't sync even though I can drop the clips on the timeline and the video and audio line up perfectly.

Alternatively, what are my other options? What else can I do in the Media Pool to link the clips? I. guess I could create a compound clip but it seems like that would really muddy the waters when it comes to keeping things tidy.

I know there are utilities out there that could do it before I bring the clips into Resolve but, as far as I'm aware, none of them support BRAW clips.

Any and all suggestions welcome...

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
Re: Manual equivalent of "Auto Sync Audio"?
on Nov 17, 2019 at 4:58:38 am

I ran into the same thing with some clips in Resolve and found that they would sync if I didn’t batch select them. Now in the manual it explains how to manually sync if you need to. Make sure the Audio Waveform window is turned on then select the Video Clip and next click on the corresponding Audio Clip. Use the left and right arrow keys to scrub in one frame increments or scrub the video until your close and them use the left and right arrow to get bang on. Once your happy with the sync click the the same chain link icon at the bottom of the waveform windows and voila you have a synced clip.

I may not have everything correct but I’m not able to search the manual properly on my iPad so it would be best if you were to check out the manual for yourself.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTTO: If you think three copies of your Media or Projects are enough. Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more. Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
Re: Manual equivalent of "Auto Sync Audio"?
on Nov 17, 2019 at 10:55:41 am

Brilliant! Thanks for the info. I'll check out the use manual now I know what I'm looking for.

----
Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer & Cinematographer
Hobart, Tasmania | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]