FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is this an OK way to handle colour correction

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terence Christopher
Is this an OK way to handle colour correction
on Nov 14, 2019 at 9:54:32 pm

I had some assembled videos that I needed to work on with colour correction etc. As the needed changes varied at different places. I decided to separate the segments by cuts so that the corrections were limited to each clip I had created. Is that a satisfactory way of going about it? It seemed the fastest and easiest way to go.
Thanks
Terence

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Is this an OK way to handle colour correction
on Nov 14, 2019 at 10:54:41 pm

There is a function built-in to Resolve that essentially does the same thing, though I cannot recall the name of it now and am away from my computer.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy forum.

Return to posts index

Terence Christopher
on Nov 15, 2019 at 4:27:33 pm

Thanks for your help. At least I know I am the right track.
Terence

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Nov 16, 2019 at 4:06:39 am

do you mean the local grade feature?
there's local and remote.

Return to posts index

Terence Christopher
on Nov 17, 2019 at 9:45:22 pm

Hi Chris, I know nothing about Grade. I will investigate
Thanks
Terence

Return to posts index

Brent Marginet
on Nov 20, 2019 at 1:29:06 am
Last Edited By Brent Marginet on Nov 20, 2019 at 1:30:06 am

Go to the Media Pool Window and select your clip in the Media Browser (don't add it into the Media Pool). Now right click on it and choose "Scene Cut Detection" and from there you can set certain parameters for the detection to work properly. The other thing you can do is to export a Video Track EDL only from your edit Software and then import it as a Pre-Configured EDL in the Edit Window.

"MY MEDIA/PROJECT MOTTO: If you think three copies of your Media or Projects are enough. Take a moment to place a value on them and then maybe add two more. Hard Drives are now stupidly cheap. A RE-SHOOT AND YOUR TIME AREN'T."

Return to posts index

Terence Christopher
on Nov 20, 2019 at 4:06:10 am

HI Brent thanks for your good advice.... I will follow up on this immediately as this method is completely new to me
Terence

Return to posts index

Terence Christopher
on Nov 23, 2019 at 3:22:56 am

HI Brent thanks for your good advice.... I will follow up on this immediately as this method is completely new to me
Terence
Addendum
I am finding that this tool is very useful and accelerates editing finished videos. I don't as yet know how to modify the selection parameters, and the quirks of the subsequent interaction with the full editor, but it is very helpful already
Thanks
Terence

Return to posts index

Terence Christopher
on Nov 26, 2019 at 3:22:00 am

Terence
Addendum
I am finding that this tool is very useful and accelerates editing finished videos. I don't as yet know how to modify the selection parameters, and the quirks of the subsequent interaction with the full editor, but it is very helpful already
Thanks
Terence
I need your help a bit more. I have some videos that are already in the media pool (To make it more complicated the two videos are part of a 2 camera shot video) However I think I will need to split them up into clips and think that i might have to go the EDL route that you mentioned. Could you outline that a bit more please Thanks
Terence

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]