FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio FX parameter keyframes?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russ Johnson
Audio FX parameter keyframes?
on Nov 10, 2019 at 5:24:48 pm

I've watched Fairlight tutorials, searched the internet and the manual and I still can't find any way of keyframing adjustments to audio fx plug-in parameters as you can in ProTools or even as you could in FCP7. You know, like when an actor moves away from the camera - the EQ on their voice needs to change. Not even in the native EQ fx on clips in the timeline. Really?

There are questions about this in various forums but I haven't still have found a definitive answer.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Audio FX parameter keyframes?
on Nov 10, 2019 at 11:15:53 pm

Fairlight has full mix automation which allows for all parameters to be automated at the track & bus level. That's what I use. The keyframes for that automation are not obvious but you can display graphically the automation as an overlay. It is possible to show this as keyframes if you click on the automation edit icon.

It's worth reading through chapter 150 (page 2761 of the latest manual for 16.1). Edit systems that don't have full automation need to have a way to keyframe at the clip level. From years of mixing doco sountracks, I can assure you that track based and bus based full automation is so much more powerful and faster to mix with. Fairlight also allows specific automation related to a range and track specific to be copy and pasted so even if edit tweaks are done after a mix or a project is reversioned, the automation is editable too.

Return to posts index

Russ Johnson
Re: Audio FX parameter keyframes?
on Nov 11, 2019 at 7:58:38 am

Michael, thank you. Off to page 2761 I go.

-Russ

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]