Double click to open in source window -- no clip image

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Withers
Double click to open in source window -- no clip image
on Oct 29, 2019 at 2:42:30 am
Last Edited By Robert Withers on Oct 29, 2019 at 4:06:29 am

Hello all,
For once I thought I'd try to do it by the book: The Definitive Guide to DAVINCI RESOLVE 15. So I downloaded the lessons, started stepping through the book, imported the media, and got to step 2 in lesson 1: double-click a clip that I can see perfectly in the Media Pool to open it in the source. Double-clicking seems to open the clip, or so I'm guessing, but I can only hear and scrub the sound -- the source window shows no image. If I drag this clip to the timeline, I can see it in the timeline and the project window.
What's the deal to simply see the clip image in the source window?
Any suggestions?
Have I set some preference in my previous tinkering with the software? How can I get with this program/book?
Thanks so much,
Robert

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

Robert Withers
Re: Double click to open in source window -- no clip image
on Oct 29, 2019 at 4:14:17 am

Hi all,
I got the clip to appear -- saved the project, closed DVR, changed display on the Mac to very large scaled then back to Default, reopened the project. Don't know if any of that related, but something happened and now I can see the clip in the Source Window.
But thanks,
Robert

Robert Withers

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Nov 6, 2019 at 5:44:08 am

[Robert Withers] "What's the deal to simply see the clip image in the source window?"
Not all source formats will work in all versions of Resolve or all operating systems. Is this Resolve Studio? Is this 15 or 16? Note that Studio supports more formats than 15, 16 added a few more than 15. So there's some "it depends" here.

There are definitely some weird MP4/H.264 formats that are problematic for post in general, and present some difficulties for Resolve (and many other editing programs).

Return to posts index

Robert Withers
on Nov 6, 2019 at 5:09:38 pm

Thanks, Mark,
These are files downloaded from BM to accompany their book on DVR 15.
I will look at what they are.
Meanwhile:
I got the clip to appear -- saved the project, closed DVR, changed display on the Mac to very large scaled then back to Default, reopened the project. Don't know if any of that related, but something happened and now I can see the clip in the Source Window.
But thanks for responding.
Robert

Robert Withers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]