FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replace Footage with transcoded EXR sequence

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rune Månsson
Replace Footage with transcoded EXR sequence
on Oct 13, 2019 at 7:34:27 pm

Hi guys

I'm new to Resolve and I'm trying to get the hang of conforming and transcoding footage.

I have a final edit and I have "Embedding in source clip file" switched on in "Project Settings -> General Options -> Assist using reel names from the:"

I have then transcoded everything to EXR sequences starting at frame 1001 using Source Name for file name and Preserve source directory levels.

Now when I try to relink the source files with the new EXR sequences Resolve say's it cannot find any sequences matching the original.

What am I missing? Can you help? Sorry for the Newbe questions.

Side question, I'm also trying to do an ACES workflow and wondering if I should leave Input Transform blank in Color Management and manually set 3D LUT colorspace for all files since different cameras were used.

Rune Månsson
3D Lead - The Mill NY
http://www.maans.org

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Replace Footage with transcoded EXR sequence
on Oct 14, 2019 at 3:24:36 pm

The first thing to check when a relink to a timeline won't work is whether your timeline clips have the conform lock turned on. Default for an imported timeline is to lock.

Try selecting all clips on your timeline, right click and turn off the conform lock option.

This will allow these clips to be conformed to other media.

From there, if you still can't get anything to work, it becomes a bit of a trouble shooting excercise.

I typically concentrate on 1 clip's metadata, and compare it to the clip that i'm trying to link it to. What is different, and how can I get Resolve to ignore that difference.

But for sure the conform lock will stop you before you even get started.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]