FORUMS: list search recent posts

Subtitles: Changing individual dimensions

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Saul Marron
Subtitles: Changing individual dimensions
on Sep 19, 2019 at 8:49:56 am

Hi all

I am adding subtitles and ideally, I would like to change each of the 'background' dimensions so they match the width/height of the corresponding text. It seems in Davinci that the 'background' only follows the track style (even if you untick the tab).
I tried to add a second subtitle track to work around this problem but it greys the subtitle out and doesn't show it. Am I doing something wrong? Is there an answer to either of these problems?
I am using the free version of Davinci 16.

All help gratefully received.

Return to posts index

Andi Winter
Re: Subtitles: Changing individual dimensions
on Sep 23, 2019 at 8:57:38 am

hi saul!

i am not sure if i understand your posting in the right way. what do you refer as "background"?

if you would like to have a preset for eg italic subtitles and normal ones, this is unfortunately NOT possible right now to my knowledge :(. why, honestly, i don't know. either bm doesn't understand the need for it, or they simply have other priorities (eg. cut), which are NOT mine.

as only one track style is available per track and only one subtitle track can be viewed at the same time, there is no workaround i can think of possible :(. bm has to fix this.

even if this is fixed, there still is the (theoretically minor) aesthetic problem left wich is for a lot of my customers a no go: the missing OUTLINE option. only thing available: STROKE. but the thinnest possible black stroke option makes the font unusably thin!!! (and no stroke and no outline is a reading problem towards bright backgrounds)

i do complain about this since the subtitle tool was integrated (back in v15 i think), but till now, no comment, no update.

so i guess we are forced to use belle-nuit till the end of our days. this fancy little free tool which ONE suisse editor programmed years ago, but unfortunately doesn't update anymore. the con: it is rather complicated and time consuming.

sorry for hijacking this, but is this your problem as well?

andi winter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]