FORUMS: list search recent posts

An annoyance: Resolve AutoSave relocates the cursor position to the AutoSave box ...

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael McCune
An annoyance: Resolve AutoSave relocates the cursor position to the AutoSave box ...
on Sep 3, 2019 at 5:47:19 pm

... and this completely and instantly interrupts any mouse activity or typing.

I realize Windows has an optional mouse behavior in Windows Settings that moves the mouse cursor to the default button in a newly opened dialog box: this is almost always what is desired. But not desired or even possibly helpful in Resolve.

This behavior doesn't seem to serve any purpose as the AutoSave box does not have any button options.

I don't see any Resolve setting to deselect this behavior.

Frustrating, especially when one is focused on some parameter adjustment and the cursor mysteriously disappears as it moves to the AutoSave box somewhere else on the screen or even on the second screen. Pure "cognitive dissonance." Argh. One has to go and find it and return it.

Or am I missing something here???

Any thoughts???

Thanks, Mike

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: An annoyance: Resolve AutoSave relocates the cursor position to the AutoSave box ...
on Sep 3, 2019 at 10:57:51 pm

Can Resolve over ride your Windows default settings?

Return to posts index

Michael McCune
Re: An annoyance: Resolve AutoSave relocates the cursor position to the AutoSave box ...
on Sep 4, 2019 at 3:28:30 am

Haven't tried to reset the Windows mouse behavior( to not go the default button in a new dialog box).

I, like most people I expect, would like to have Windows (but not Resolve) move the cursor to any new dialog box. Doesn't serve any purpose that I know of in Resolve.

Seems that Resolve would have a way to avoid this annoyance.

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]