FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to modify the effect of a fx on the time line.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terence Christopher
How to modify the effect of a fx on the time line.
on Aug 17, 2019 at 1:52:42 am

Could someone direct me where to go to learn how to limit the duration of a fx on a time line eg contrast or alternatively use an envelope to modify it actively
thanks
Terence

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: How to modify the effect of a fx on the time line.
on Aug 17, 2019 at 4:46:11 am

Check keyframes on the color page. You can use static or dynamic keyframes to cut or ramp grade parameters.

Return to posts index

Terence Christopher
on Aug 18, 2019 at 1:14:28 am

Thanks Michael, That is just what I needed
Terence

Return to posts index

Terence Christopher
on Aug 20, 2019 at 5:58:10 am

Michael I have found the videos and started using Keyframes. They are exactly what I was looking for. I just want to thank you for your guidance it was really great.
Terence

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 20, 2019 at 6:17:29 am

Happy to help Terence. There are lots of generous YouTubers with some excellent free tutorials but knowing the terminology to search for helps.

Return to posts index

Terence Christopher
on Aug 18, 2019 at 5:10:46 pm

I have been studying the Keyframe, though they are not yet clear to me. My problem is that a video I have to edit has multiple scenes with varying lighting requiring different treatments.I was hoping that the Keyframes could be used to define these scenes for different treatment. Though I do not see how to limit each key frame to each scene. Would that work, or should I try to split the video into scenes each with its separate treatment?
Thanks
Terence

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Aug 19, 2019 at 12:59:39 pm

You can also split and grade. This is like using static keyframes. You can also dissolve between the splits with the separate grades. This is like using dynamic keyframes. Use whatever technique works best.

Return to posts index

Terence Christopher
on Aug 19, 2019 at 3:14:42 pm

Michael Thanks for that insight. I did not see anything about static key frames in the help manual for 16.1 it is probably too simple for most users. I realised that it is essential to do something like this but was too ignorant. I will now push on to learn about it.
Terence

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]