FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hardware Requirements for Dubbing / Voice-Over in DaVinci Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Norman Willis
Hardware Requirements for Dubbing / Voice-Over in DaVinci Resolve
on Jun 5, 2019 at 12:59:58 pm
Last Edited By Norman Willis on Jun 5, 2019 at 1:33:25 pm

Hello. I am a content creator who historically uses Sony (now Magix) Vegas Pro, and am transitioning to TriCaster and vMix for live capture. I have paid volunteers to finish. My TriCaster rep is advising me to move away from Magix Vegas Pro toward DaVinci Resolve, as he says the basic program is free, and the industry is moving this way. I hear that the learning curve is much steeper, but we will figure it out (with help from above). Probably we will stick with the basic tool set (as we don't really need color correction or grading for what we do).

I have a hardware question that might seem basic. Right now I have some paid volunteers. One of them wants to dub our works into Spanish. He has that golden "radio announcer" voice, but his hardware is old, and he is poor, so I need to get him some better hardware. I don't have money to waste, but I can realistically afford to get him what he needs.

My question is, if I send him an .avi file captured in TriCaster or vMix, what kind of system does he need to do voice-over (dubbing) work in DaVinci Resolve? Does he need a new Core i7 system built for capture (nVidia and Intel)? Or will, say, a 2 or 3 year old Core i7 gaming rig and 8-12 GB RAM retro-fitted with silent Noctua fans probably do the job? I need to make wise use of ministry funds, but I want to make sure he has enough machine to do the job reliably moving forward, without having to deal with stutter or lag.

I appreciate any help, advice, or pointers you can give.

Norman B. Willis
Apostle, Nazarene Israel
The original faith of the apostles
http://www.nazareneisrael.org

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]