FORUMS: list search recent posts

Putting text into timeline

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terence Christopher
Putting text into timeline
on Jun 3, 2019 at 4:06:54 am

I find that if I enter text into the time line rather than overlaying it over a video that it causes desynchronisation of the audio track even if they are supposedly locked. I did not intend to put any audio in with this text just want a the original audio and video to stay synchronized. What is the method for doing this?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Putting text into timeline
on Jun 3, 2019 at 4:59:09 am

Are you inserting a png, tiff or jpeg of the text into the Video track? I'm trying to work out what you are doing. If you are inserting anything into the timeline you have to make sure the audio tracks are not locked other wise the video will move but not the audio during a ripple insert.

Return to posts index

Terence Christopher
on Jun 5, 2019 at 4:05:47 am

I apologise for my delay in responding. The text is just something I generated in Da Vinci with the titling option in the effects library. I however always have had the video linked to the audio for synchronisation. I had not thought of unlinking them as I thought that would cause the problem.
I will try that. I t seems that keeping the titles in a separate track seems to isolate it from the audio track so I suppose I could keep it in that track to play before the clip starts up?
I just don't know the rules for each of these operations and their restriction.
Thanks
Terence

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Jun 4, 2019 at 2:09:58 am

[Terence Christopher] "I find that if I enter text into the time line rather than overlaying it over a video that it causes desynchronisation of the audio track even if they are supposedly locked."
What specific camera source format are you using? What audio format?

My suspicion is that maybe the process has cached the image for some reason. Delete the cache and see what happens.

Return to posts index

Terence Christopher
on Jun 5, 2019 at 4:10:22 am

HI Thanks for that suggestion. I will explore it. My audio and video are in Prores 442 converted from M2T from a camera.
Thanks
Terence

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]