FORUMS: list search recent posts

I want to copy 2 tracks video, 1 track audio from one timeline to another timeline

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Davis
I want to copy 2 tracks video, 1 track audio from one timeline to another timeline
on May 29, 2019 at 4:16:18 pm
Last Edited By Erik Davis on May 29, 2019 at 4:18:28 pm

But I want to copy only the portions inside the in/out points from timeline A to timeline B.

I have searched the manual and can't find anything about copying in this manner.

I have obviously tried to Ctl-C, Ctl-V but it copies the entire clips, not the portions within the in/out points.

Thanks,

Erik

Return to posts index

Sam Treadway
Re: I want to copy 2 tracks video, 1 track audio from one timeline to another timeline
on May 30, 2019 at 1:48:19 am

This works as expected in DR16 beta 3. Set an in and out and just do a normal copy and paste between timelines.

I don't have DR15 installed any more to test but if it doesn't work there then the alternative is to simply create cuts at the in and out points, select and copy, undo the cuts, and then paste in the other timeline.

The DR16 beta (even though it's labeled beta) is already a step up in performance and stability from 15 with the exception of a few minor bugs in the newly added features.

Return to posts index

Erik Davis
Re: I want to copy 2 tracks video, 1 track audio from one timeline to another timeline
on May 30, 2019 at 6:21:35 am

Appreciate the reply Sam.

I am running DR16 B3.

Set in/out on timeline with tracks highlighted. Ctl-C

Move to timeline B, place cursor, Ctl-V.

Entire clips are copied. Not the in/out portion. Maybe I should record a screen video and provide a link.

Of course, if I cut the clips, copy and paste and then undo that does work.

Erik

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]