FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve doesn't relink to Audio Files

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Niclas Werres
Resolve doesn't relink to Audio Files
on May 29, 2019 at 9:52:24 am

Hello there,

I'm trying to import the Audiotracks from Premiere to Resolve. Therefore I tried to export a XML and an AAF. When I use the Import Timeline funcion, it creates a timeline and links most of the files, but some audiofiles are offline. Funny thing is, that it imported them correctly in the Media Pool, but doesn't feel like relinking them.

So I tried to rerender my audiofiles in Premiere, since it's having problems with the same files in the XML and the AAF. Now it is having problems with some other files. Same problem, it imports them in the Media Pool, but can't link them in the timeline.

Is this a known problem and are there any work around? Because I'm running out of Ideas.

Best regards,
Niclas

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Resolve doesn't relink to Audio Files
on May 30, 2019 at 3:54:17 am

Do the audio files have timecode? Do they have unique file names? This is generally the problem when trying to get files to conform properly with an XML.

What is the file format? That can also have a bearing on the accuracy of the conform.

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on May 31, 2019 at 9:21:08 pm

What format of files? Resolve has a problem seeing/importing AIFF-C. Can you manually import then from the media page?

- Oliver

Oliver Peters - oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Niclas Werres
on Jun 1, 2019 at 8:07:16 am

All Audio is transcoded to .wav. They all have a unique name. I can import them into the media page, but like I said, they are even already there. I can also work with them and use them in my timeline. They are just not relinking with some of the cuts in my timeline, which are offline.

When I use an AAF with rendered Mono Audiofiles, everything reconnects, but then I have cryptic names in it, so I can't really continue working with them, when I only have files with names in hexcode.

When I'm importing into another versions of Premiere, I have no problem at all. So the AAF isn't broken or anything.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]