FORUMS: list search recent posts

Telephone SFX

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lori Waite
Telephone SFX
on Apr 25, 2019 at 7:49:30 pm

I'd like to make a voice in a scene sound as if it were speaking through a cell phone. Easy enough in other NLEs with ready-made presets, but I cannot find anything user friendly in Resolve. Does anyone know the trick of how to create this basic, common SFX? (I'm an editor, not an audio engineer, hence my need to reach out for help.)

I'm on Resolve 15.2.2

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: Telephone SFX
on Apr 26, 2019 at 2:17:55 am
Last Edited By Duke Sweden on Apr 26, 2019 at 2:20:17 am

Apply the High Pass and Low Pass filters.

"There is a high pass filter at around 400 Hz and a low pass filter at around 4,000 Hz (4 kHz). This can obviously be adjusted to taste, but the resulting sound is very midrange heavy and small sounding."

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 15.2

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Apr 26, 2019 at 12:56:27 pm

The standard method all the SFX editors and re-recording mixers I know use is Speakerphone, which is a somewhat-costly plug-in that does an amazing job at reproducing the sound of speakers, cellphones, and similar devices:

https://www.audioease.com/speakerphone/index.php

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 27, 2019 at 12:09:33 am

Voxengo have a free plugin called Boogex that emulates mostly guitar speaker but it also has EQ so you can get a speaker in a room sound then EQ it. I have used it for years to create my phone or tinny headphone sounds. Once you make them you can save presets

https://www.voxengo.com/product/boogex/

All the Voxengo dynamics processors and limiters are also really excellent. I have used them on hundreds of doco mixes. Their EQ is also fantastic. And reasonably priced

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]