FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can we still get DR 15?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Smith
Can we still get DR 15?
on Apr 12, 2019 at 2:03:42 pm

I am having some odd audio problems, as part of the troubleshooting I was wondering if DR 15 would or would not have the same problem.
I just can't find a source to get it.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Can we still get DR 15?
on Apr 12, 2019 at 2:08:22 pm

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/family/davinci-resolve-and-fusion

Scroll down to find earlier versions of Resolve & Fusion. Bear in mind that your database will have been changed by installing 16 so you will need to go back to your backed up database (the one you made before installing 16)

Return to posts index

Jim Smith
on Apr 12, 2019 at 2:39:49 pm

Thanks MG,

This is my 3rd day using DR. I never used it before the Beta.
How do you suggest I deal with this database issue?
Should I locate the existing DB and rename it? (I'm just shooting in the dark).

Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 13, 2019 at 1:50:44 am

The version 16 database can't be read by the previous version 15. This is a typical ongoing issue when going backwards in any NLE software. The older can't read the newer versions files. That is true of the database and the individual saved project files.

I regularly backup my database and project files. I am about to play with Version 16 so I can jump back to an earlier version but any new work I do in 16 can't be opened in any earlier version. But I can go back to where I was with 15.

Return to posts index

Terence Christopher
on Apr 17, 2019 at 10:05:39 pm

As an ignoramus I didn't back up my version 15 files and 16 at the moment will not run. So I guess I am stuck is that correct?

Return to posts index

Paul Draper
on Apr 22, 2019 at 8:11:21 pm

In sum: Resolve can simply export and import individual projects via a right-click in the Project Manager window.

Open the DR Project Manager window, right-click on a project and 'export' each of these in turn to the relevant media folder. That's pretty much exactly the same as a 'save as' in any other app. Project folders can then be moved around to other drives, backed up, archived etc. One tip: rename each of these files to be the same as the project name; Resolve defaults to naming each of these with a generic 'project' title. That wil help later (below) when you re-import each of these into a new DB.

Do that for all projects, here in this context or in any other for that matter. And that is a 'backup' beyond this DB versioning matter.

*Clean* uninstall DR Resolve 16 beta, ie, get rid of all prefs, related install folders etc. On Windows, something like 'IOBit Uninstaller' does a good job; then clean registry (say 'CCleaner'), then reboot. Same process for Mac OS, something like 'CleanMyMac' can do clean uninstalls. Otherwise, just do it manually if you know where to look in all the usual places. Delete all DBs for 16.

Reboot, install DR 15.3.1 (latest, very nice). Set up the various prefs as usual. Open the Project manager, then 'Import' individual projects by right-clicking on the Project Manager window space and selecting each of the above 'saved as' export files in turn. When that's all done, then there will be a full /new DB file again. Depending on the location of the original media files, you many need to point the project at the most recent path and/or link files in the Media page.

Dell T7910 workstation, Win10x64 Pro; 64GB Ram; 2x 12 core Xeons; Nvidia 1080Ti; LG 34UM95 & BenQ SW2700PT, BM DeckLink Mini Monitor 4k. Audio: RME Fireface UFX+, RME ADI-8, UAD-2 quad core PCIe. Resolve Studio, Adobe Premier, Nuendo, ProTools HD.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]