FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where are the rendered clips?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Claude Jones
Where are the rendered clips?
on Apr 9, 2019 at 7:33:53 pm

I'm having an issue which is driving me nuts. I just rendered a whole batch of clips. Rendered as individual clips. After the render was finished, which took nearly 2 hours, I went looking for the 10 clips and they are not in the folder I rendered to. I double checked I rendered to this folder and this is the path in Resolve. So the clips should be there. But the 10 clips are not there. Only a single clip is there named for some reason 00000000.mov

What's going on? Was this a known bug? I ask was, because I'm using Resolve 10 as this is my old machine. Don't ask. :/

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Where are the rendered clips?
on Apr 10, 2019 at 10:17:03 am

Yeah, this is a thing. Under FIle -> Source Name in the Deliver Menu, you have to select "Use Unique Filenames" when you're rendering out pieces of a source clip that's been cut up. Otherwise, one clip will overwrite each of them, over and over again.

I wish there was a warning message about this, but there isn't. It's basically a workflow thing where you have to render individual clips with unique filenames AND a new XML so that the other platform will be able to reassemble the clips in the order they were in over in the Resolve timeline. This is explained in the manual.

Return to posts index

Adam Claude Jones
on Apr 11, 2019 at 1:52:41 pm

Thanks. That surely did the trick.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Apr 14, 2019 at 5:08:38 pm

I think we've all been hit by that at least once.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]