Sorry, but I searched the forum and cannot find what I am looking for.
Went through the Calibrations using Resolve, Display Cal, and Spyder 5, setting first the external display as guided and then it ran the test and calibration process in Resolve for about 3 hours and completed. I assume it calibrated the output channel of resolve by adding an output lut to the SDI feed... I dont know how but I guess it does it since it looks great and fairly accurate to my calibrated reference monitor. When I switch over to Premiere Pro with the exact same colored reference spot, it looks identical as it does in Resolve. I wasnt expecting that... How is this happening? I have not applied a 3D lut to any LUT box.... unless it did it magically since it is connected to the Black magic Ultrastudio via thunderbolt for SDI video output...
Can someone tell me if that is what happens? Seems incorrect to me since there are multiple monitors connected to the SDI output of the UltraStudio and there is no way it could know the correct LUT to send for the other monitors that did not have a probe connected.
I am about to connect a BMD SDI to HDMI converter which supposedly supports LUTS and see how to transfer in a LUT for the calibrated monitor and see if things change.
Just need some help with clarification on how all this works.
We have no idea what you did with what settings so it's kinda impossible to answer. "Looks great and fairly accurate" is not really a way to verify a calibration. I don't know if DisplayCal has any verification features but I'd start with those.
Going to answer my own question here.
Apparently it did nothing to the display output, but just the initial calibration settings it had me do with matching color temps to what the probe sees was a significant improvement and that is what I was seeing.
I then used the calibration profile that DisplayCal created and saved it as a .cube and loaded that into the black magic 6G SDI to HDMI converter via USB and it loaded the new profile, which did indeed match my calibrated display even more closely.
It seems to work. Thanks for your past input on this topic!