FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cursor freezes on middle-mouse-click-drag to move around image in viewer

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Taylor
Cursor freezes on middle-mouse-click-drag to move around image in viewer
on Feb 10, 2019 at 8:31:29 pm

I realize this topic has been thoroughly covered in this forum, but according to what I've read here, and elsewhere, and what I'm currently experiencing in Resolve, I think my issue is unique ... or is it?

My problem is that I cannot find a way to move around a zoomed image using my middle mouse button on my PC. I had a different PC a few years ago and this was not an issue. I used the scroll wheel to zoom into an image on the color page and then middle mouse clicked and dragged to move that image around in the viewer. Worked great.

Nowadays, however, with Resolve 15 on my new PC, when I middle mouse click and drag on a zoomed image, the cursor freezes, even though I'm moving my mouse. I AM, however, able to CTRL-scroll to move vertically, and Alt-scroll to move horizontally - I simply do not wish to move around my zoomed image like this because, well, it's a pain.

I also know that there used to be a control for turning on and off Mouse Zoom under the View>Zoom options dropdown, but that setting is no longer there.

Preferably I'd like to maintain the scroll-zoom control and get back my middle-mouse-click-and-drag-for-movement functionality.

Is this even possible? Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing? Is my mouse screwed up? Am I going crazy?

-Pat Taylor

http://colourskyfilms.com
ptaylor@colourskyfilms.com

Return to posts index

George Dean
Re: Cursor freezes on middle-mouse-click-drag to move around image in viewer
on Feb 10, 2019 at 8:51:14 pm

Hi Pat,

Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with Resolve to know if there is a setting. However I can tell you that it works fine for me. Edit, Color and Delivery I use the wheel to zoom in/out, and hold the wheel to move the image around within the window. In Fusion the movement works the same but I need to hold down the 'Ctrl' key to zoom in/out.

Windows 10 (1809)
AMD R9 390
Resolve 15.2.2

Best Regards......George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]