FORUMS: list search recent posts

I am having trouble downloading Resolve, does anyone know how to fix this problem?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ryan elder
I am having trouble downloading Resolve, does anyone know how to fix this problem?
on Jan 24, 2019 at 9:01:03 pm

I wanted to download the free version to try it out.

I tried downloading DaVinci resolve but the only thing that seems to download is "DaVinci Resolve Panels". I try to open it, but then it says that no panels were found and it cannot open therefore. What does this mean? Has anyone had this problem with opening it, after downloading and installing it?

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
Re: I am having trouble downloading Resolve, does anyone know how to fix this problem?
on Jan 25, 2019 at 4:22:43 am

Uninstall it, then re-install and this time uncheck "Install Control Panels", something like that.

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 15.2

Return to posts index

Robert Withers
Re: I am having trouble downloading Resolve, does anyone know how to fix this problem?
on Jan 25, 2019 at 4:06:01 pm

I am very ignorant about Resolve but aren't Control Panels intended for use of external devices? The main DaVinci page on the blackmagic website has fairly clear options for download of various versions of the core software. I downloaded R14 from the support page and R15 from the download page. I wouldn't download from other sites--I've heard warnings about the apple app version.
Best,
Robert

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

ryan elder
on Jan 25, 2019 at 4:38:29 pm

Okay thanks, I downloaded from their main site. So are you saying that if I install DaVinci on an external harddrive than it will work then?

Return to posts index

Robert Withers
on Jan 25, 2019 at 4:46:10 pm

Congrats on doing the download, Ryan. No idea about installation on an external drive. Would it depend on how fast the drive and link are? Most folks (like me) install software on the internal drive and video files on the external. I just thought that the Control Panel software itself is intended to manage some of the separate editing hardware that blackmagic sells. But I don't use that stuff so someone else would know better. There's a good recent thread with links in this forum about installation.
Best,
Robert

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

ryan elder
on Jan 25, 2019 at 5:49:41 pm

Okay thanks. Well I tried uninstalling it, and re-installing it and now after reinstalling it again, when I try to open it, it won't open and a message appears that says

" The procedure entry point clEnquerueMarkerWithWaitList could be located in the dynmaic link library OpenCL.dll."

Does anyone know what to do from this point to open it now?

Return to posts index

Duke Sweden
on Jan 25, 2019 at 5:48:32 pm

Yes, but if you install the control panel software without having control panels, you'll get the problem you're having. For some reason I installed control panels back in v. 14 even though I don't have control panels, and it's never given me a problem.

Dell XPS 8920
Intel i7 core 7700 build
GeForce GTX 1050ti
32 Gigs of RAM
3 7200 RPM SATA Drives
Windows 10 64-bit
DaVinci Resolve 15.2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]