FORUMS: list search recent posts

Weird color after crash

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie Herrick
Weird color after crash
on Jan 23, 2019 at 3:35:22 pm

So I was about to track something with the point tracker when Resolve crashed. When I reopened, despite having had Autosave on, it didn't seem to have saved my work—AND everything I graded has an orange cast. It seems to be due to the fact that the nodes in which I have my skintones isolated are no longer reading my HSL qualification or tracked power windows, and just applying the skintone treatment to the entire image (which is of course not what I want). Any ideas? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Weird color after crash
on Jan 24, 2019 at 1:10:39 am

I would check the color management settings, check to see if any LUTs are missing, see if there's a Timeline grade, see if any Pre/Post-Clip grades were changed, and also (most importantly) check Camera Raw settings.

Also: What hardware (CPU, RAM, GPU, disk i/o)? What OS? What specific version of Resolve? What kind of source material? What timeline resolution?

In general, I've had better luck since 15 with LiveSave rather than AutoSave. But I do manually save every so often, and I manually export a backup project once or twice a day.

Return to posts index

Charlie Herrick
Re: Weird color after crash
on Jan 24, 2019 at 2:48:03 am

Thanks Marc; I'll definitely keep those things in mind!
Weird thing though: in this case it turned out to be temporary... At first it was affecting the whole clip, then the clip returned to normal but the thumbnail was still incorrect—after awhile the thumbnail went back to normal... Weird!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]