FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nodes Acting Strangely

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie Herrick
Nodes Acting Strangely
on Jan 22, 2019 at 7:22:46 pm
Last Edited By Charlie Herrick on Jan 22, 2019 at 8:09:53 pm

I have my primary grade branching off in two directions: one branch to apply the grade, and one branch to isolate skintones; the two branches combine in a layer mixer down the chain. The skintone branch begins with a skintone isolation node, using HSL Qualification in combination with tracked power windows. Directly after that, I have an outside node to make adjustments that I don't want to affect the skintones.

For some reason however, the existence of the outside node completely kills the effect of the skintone isolation node—EVEN when it's been bypassed. When I bypass the skintone it just turns off the outside node.

I'm a bit new to this so I'm not sure what's going on. Any ideas appreciated! Thanks!

UPDATE: I think this is somehow the result of Power Windows. I separated my skintone nodes into: one for face, one for hand, each with the same HSL Qualification and it's own tracked Power Window. When I delete the power window in the 2nd (hand) node, the 1st (face) node works properly. HOWEVER: I can't get the hand node to work unless I completely delete the face node...

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Nodes Acting Strangely
on Jan 23, 2019 at 5:31:44 am

Take a screen shot of your node tree and post it. It would be easier to visualize your setup rather than reading what you're trying to do.

Return to posts index

Charlie Herrick
Re: Nodes Acting Strangely
on Jan 23, 2019 at 7:43:07 pm

Thanks for the reply!
I think I figured it out: I was adding my skintone nodes right after one another in a single separate branch before combining them with the rest of the grade in a layer node down the chain—when I added another input to the layer node and made each of my skintone isolations as parallel nodes, it worked.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]