FORUMS: list search recent posts

Relinking Prores proxies to original R3D files

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lori Waite
Relinking Prores proxies to original R3D files
on Dec 11, 2018 at 1:39:09 pm
Last Edited By Lori Waite on Dec 11, 2018 at 1:44:30 pm

I'm definitley missing something here in Resolve's proxy workflow. I'm setting up a feature project shot in Red RAW, so naturally I will want to edit with proxies. I created Prores LT clips using the Media Mangement window from the R3D files and stored them on a different drive. I then imported these proxy clips in the media pool, then tried the Relink function to link them to the R3D files. No dice. The file names are the same (minus the .mov extension instead of .r3d, of course.)

My troubleshooting involved making an XML of a roll of dailies. Import the XML and the attending media, then tried the Relink command on these imported clips to be replaced by the Red RAW source clips. Still no dice.

Surely Resolve has a proxy workflow so that after doing the offline editing with proxies, I can 'call up' the R3D clips and color on the locked pix timeline. Please clue me in if you can.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Relinking Prores proxies to original R3D files
on Dec 11, 2018 at 2:05:35 pm

Page 674 and onward in the manual.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
Re: Relinking Prores proxies to original R3D files
on Dec 11, 2018 at 4:35:43 pm

The basic would be to import (only) RED RAW into your Media pool and at XML/AAF import, deselect "Automatically import media clips into Media Pool ".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]