FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cannot get Resolve 15 to load

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Matthies
Cannot get Resolve 15 to load
on Apr 16, 2018 at 10:31:49 pm

Downloaded and installed Resolve 15 beta today. I uninstalled Resolve 14 first. The first time I ran it it got up to the point where it asked to update the database, which I OK'ed. It then started up, got to the "Ready" page and quit. It won't load past that point. No errors...just Doink! and it's gone. Resolve 14 studio ran without issues
I am loading the Studio version of 15 with the Dongle installed. It won't even try to load without the Dongle so it's seeing that OK. Is the Studio version ready to download yet or is there another issue?
Ran Disk Warrior on the boot drive, cleaned things up and repaired permissions.
What am I missing...other than the fact that it's a Beta version?

iMac 27" late 2015
3.2 Ghz Quad i5
24GB RAM
Sierra

Not my monkeys. Not my circus.

Return to posts index

Ricardo Marty
Re: Cannot get Resolve 15 to load
on Apr 16, 2018 at 11:32:21 pm

Check in resolve forum after checking this.

http://documents.blackmagicdesign.com/DaVinciResolve/20180407-79c607/DaVinc...

Ricardo Marty

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 17, 2018 at 12:23:12 am

I sincerely hope you backed up the database and the individual project files in case you have to go back. This is the first beta so expect to need to go back to a release version.

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Apr 17, 2018 at 1:59:34 pm

Not a problem. I use this iMac just for testing things like a new release. It did have projects on it, but nothing critical-mainly just test stuff.
Still, it would be nice if I could get the new version to actually load. This computer isn't overly powerful, but it should meet the minimum requirements to at least load up.
I am getting a consistent error in the software Logs when I attempt to load the application. Anybody recognize it? I attempted to launch it at 5:36:48 on the Log.

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
on Apr 17, 2018 at 3:05:00 pm

I had a similar prob. Had to update my CUDA drivers.

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Apr 17, 2018 at 3:28:23 pm

Looking at the system, it seems to have a AMD Radeon R9 M380 GPU and not an Nvidia GPU.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Apr 17, 2018 at 10:08:42 pm

The fact that it crashed converting the database indicates it might be that process that is the problem. In the past beta versions have had this issue. If you have backed up your projects & database you can opt to not update the database. Start with a new database and if required, import your backed up projects into the new database.

The Blackmagic forum is probably a better place to find posts on such issues.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]