FORUMS: list search recent posts

Old Project not opening but new project does.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Berch
Old Project not opening but new project does.
on Mar 13, 2018 at 4:25:30 pm

I'm working with Davinci 14 Free

I've been working on a project for the past week, including this morning.

I went to open it up again, and when it gets to the screen where I can pick the project I'm working on, it crashes and does not open. It goes straight back to my desktop.

When I open it again and press New Project, it opens fine.

How can I get the project I'm working on to open again?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Old Project not opening but new project does.
on Mar 14, 2018 at 2:31:03 am

Shot in the dark: what if you launch Resolve, stay in the Project Manager page, then right-click and export the bad project in question. This will create a DRP file you can temporarily keep on the desktop.

Now right-click within the Project Manager screen, choose import, and select that file. It's possible that the new imported file (which you should give a new name) may be able to work. If it doesn't, contact BMD Support and send the file to them and see if they can recover it.

I find it's always a good habit to save a backup of your current project just in case there's a problem. And keep it on an external drive outside your current project database. That way, even if the drive goes down, the project itself is covered.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Mar 14, 2018 at 3:45:57 am

I've had the odd issue with older versions of a crash when opening a big project straight after opening the software. Try opening a small project or even a new one, then open the project you want. In other words it's not the first project you open after starting. That worked for me when it happened occasionally.

Return to posts index

Adam Berch
on Mar 14, 2018 at 12:59:33 pm

Thank for the ideas.

I did manage to fix the problem.

I opened up Resolve and when I got to the project window, I right clicked on the one that wouldn't open and click on Read only.

The project opened, I saved it as another name, then deleted the one that wouldn't open. It works fine now.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]