FORUMS: list search recent posts

nudging IO

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alex gat
nudging IO
on Jan 11, 2018 at 2:17:41 pm

Hello,

Sorry if the question is a bit dumb but, I have those clips where I already have set input and output.
Now I need to move the io respectively by an exact amount of frame. Don't ask why...

what I want to do is a bit like using the trim edit tools in the timeline.
Is there a way to select a clip and nudge its IO point by an exact amount of frame ?

Right now, I use a freeware that allows me to calculate the new entry point, then I move the playhead to that timecode and set the input again, then I do the output. A burden.
I hope I have been clear.

Thanks
Alex

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: nudging IO
on Jan 11, 2018 at 4:15:28 pm

Do you want to slip the footage inside the clip you've already edited? The slip command can do that.

Return to posts index

alex gat
on Jan 11, 2018 at 4:25:11 pm

Thanks, yes this is what I want to do, but with a precise number of frame. Where is the slip command you are talking about. There are slip commands in the Trim menu, but they do not offer to enter a desire number of frame.
Thanks

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Jan 11, 2018 at 4:39:13 pm

Read page 420 and forwards in the manual.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Jan 13, 2018 at 8:30:09 pm

I'm assuming you haven't built your timeline yet? Otherwise, you would have to re-edit every shot again, if all you do is move the In and Out point. If that is what you want to do, it would be a pretty simple macro to build, assuming you are moving either the in or the outs by the same number for each clip.

Macro would simply record the following keystrokes.
-go to in
- minus 5
-mark in
go to out
-plus 6
mark out

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]