FORUMS: list search recent posts

Key Outputs: Gain

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
courtney Birk
Key Outputs: Gain
on Dec 7, 2017 at 8:19:37 am

Hello,

Quick question if anyone happens to know the answer. I am working in Davinci Resolve 14 Beta and I set a LUT at the end of my nodes. It is a little too powerful for me so I went in to adjust my Key Output: Gain to less than 1.000 so it's not as strong. That change shows up in my window but if I have the clips button selected to see all of my clips you can see that the output doesn't affect those at all. So when I go to the deliver page the lut renders out at full capacity and completely ignores the key output gain setting that I had. Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Key Outputs: Gain
on Dec 8, 2017 at 6:09:47 am

I just tested this in Resolve 14.1.1, and if I add a LUT to the end of the node tree and turn Key Output Gain down to 0.000, the image has no LUT in it.

The other way you could "theoretically" try this is to apply the LUT, then add a Power Window (any window). Once you've confirmed you can see the LUT effect inside the window, you can kill the window by turning Opacity down to 0. 00.

Worst case: figure out what the LUT is doing and recreate it manually with normal curves and LGG controls.

Return to posts index

courtney Birk
on Dec 11, 2017 at 10:12:48 pm

So it wou'dnt really make a difference where I added the LUT whether it be in the beginning or end correct? I just have to add the power window etc. I dont want it turned all the way down to 0 I still want some of it so I'll give this a try!

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Dec 12, 2017 at 6:59:22 am

[courtney Birk] "So it wou'dnt really make a difference where I added the LUT whether it be in the beginning or end correct?"

If the LUT is clipping something you shouldn't put that in the beginning of the node tree.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]