FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keep Object Centered on Track Point

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kimberly Gehl
Keep Object Centered on Track Point
on Mar 10, 2017 at 1:45:36 am

I want to position my footage inside of a graphic but keep it centered on a track point. The tracking in DaVinci Resolve is great but I cannot figure out how to position it to get the footage to move so that the tracked object is always centered. Is there a way to do this? Here is an example of what I want to do using motion tracking in After Effects:

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Keep Object Centered on Track Point
on Mar 10, 2017 at 3:32:14 am

I f you have to do it in Resolve... up to now at least, this would be the conceptual reverse of a smoothing/stabilize function. I don't know if the Resolve stabilizer will be able to keep up with something as small as the ball as fast as it is travelling, though. Really, it is just about locking onto the ball, using a tracking constraint or setting a manual region or point of interest.

Maybe there are some plug in FX in the bag of tricks -- most of those don't have great access to adjacent frames, which you need to predict the motion.

jPo, CSI

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Keep Object Centered on Track Point
on Mar 11, 2017 at 3:40:01 am

For this, you need to use something with more precision like Mocha. Resolve's tracking is great for what it is, but it's not ideal for motion graphics. After Effects or Fusion could do it to a point.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]