We are pleased to announce that DaVinci Resolve 12.5.5 is released and now available on the Blackmagic Design support web page.
The update is available at no charge for DaVinci Resolve and DaVinci Resolve Studio users.
What's new in DaVinci Resolve 12.5.5
• Added support for the DaVinci Resolve Mini Panel
• Added support for the DaVinci Resolve Micro Panel
• DaVinci Resolve is now available on CentOS 7 and RHEL Linux
• Added CentOS 7 and RHEL Linux support for DaVinci Resolve Studio Mac and Windows licenses
• Added support for installing DaVinci Resolve Advanced Linux on standalone CentOS 7 or RHEL installations
• Improved USB connectivity with DaVinci Resolve Advanced Panels
• Added support for URSA Mini Pro 4.6K media
• Added support for Cintel Reader
• Added support for adaptive scanning speed for Cintel when disk I/O is slow
• Improved playback and seek performance of MXF OP1a and OP1b files
• Added support for channel level fine tuning with ARRI SDK debayer
• Added support for track names in ProTools AAF export
• Addressed an issue with Compound Nodes on Stereoscopic 3D projects
• Addressed an issue with adding a flag to multiple clips in the Color Page
• Dragging a node from a Still to the node graph now follows the gallery keyframe setting
• General performance and stability improvements
Upgrading your PostgreSQL database server on Mac
Until DaVinci Resolve 12.5.2, the Mac installer used to ship with PostgreSQL version 8.4.2. Starting from macOS Sierra 10.12, PostgreSQL version 8.4 is no longer supported. If you intend to upgrade to the latest OS, you will need to upgrade your PostgreSQL database server to version 9.5.4 prior to upgrading macOS. Once your PostgreSQL installation has been upgraded and your data has been ported, you can then proceed with your macOS upgrade.
We have provided apps to simplify upgrading your PostgreSQL version on your Mac. The apps along with instructions can be found in the /Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve/Upgrade PostgreSQL folder.
Starting from DaVinci Resolve 12.5.3, new installations will include PostgreSQL version 9.5.4.
For clarification, this PostgreSQL update is only required prior to upgrading to Mac OS Sierra.